Hair Testing References
Looking for scientific data about hair test? You might still be on the fence about the validity of hair testing. Please review the scientific documentation below.
- Watts, DL. Nutrient Interrelationships Minerals — Vitamins — Endocrines. Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine. Vol. 5, No. 1, 1990. http://www.orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1990/pdf/1990-v05n01-p011.pdf
- Watts, DL: Trace Elements and Neuropsychological Problems as Reflected in Tissue Mineral Analysis (TMA) Patterns. Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine, 1990; Vol. 5, No. 3: 159-166. http://www.orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1990/pdf/1990-v05n03-p159.pdf
- Wilson and Eck, Toxic Metals In Human Health And Disease, Eck Institute of Applied Nutrition and Bioenergetics, Ltd., Phoenix, AZ, 1989.
- Yokel, RA. “The toxicology of aluminum in the brain: a review.” College of Pharmacy and Graduate Center for Toxicology, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, USA. 2000. http://europepmc.org/abstract/MED/11130287.
- Casdorph, H.R. and Walker, M., Toxic Metal Syndrome, Avery Publishing, New York, 1995.
- Pfeiffer, C & Mailloux, R: Excess Copper as a Factor in Human Diseases. Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine, 1987; 2, no. 3: 171-182. http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1987/pdf/1987-v02n03-p171.pdf
- Environmental Protection Agency. Toxic Trace Metals in Human and Mammalian Hair and Nails, EPA-600 4.79-049, August 1979, US Environmental Protection Agency, Research and Development.
- Walsh, William, Ph.D. Biochemical Treatment of Mental Illness and Behavior Disorders. Health Research Institute, Minnesota Brain Bio Association November 17, 1997 http://www.hriptc.org/BioTreatment.html
- Assarlan, GS, Oberleas, D, Effect of washing procedures on trace element content of hair. Clin Chem., 1977;23(9):1771-1772.
- Seidel, S. et al., Assessment of Commercial Laboratories Performing Hair Mineral Analysis, JAMA, 285(1) Jan 3:67-72. http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=193418